Harvest Season in Full Swing Across China
USAgNet - 09/27/2022
During golden autumn, various regions of China ushered in the harvest season.
Chinese meda reports say that in the high-standard grain and oil demonstration base of Tianfu New District in Jitian, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, harvesters shuttled back and forth in the paddy fields with an area of 3,300 mu (220 hectares) for harvesting.
In a rice field in Xiyuan Township, Jianning County, Fujian Province, growers were busy harvesting hybrid rice seeds. As the largest hybrid rice seed production base in China, Jianning County ushered in the harvest of 155,000 mu (10338.5 hectares) hybrid rice seeds in full swing.
In a sorghum planting base in Fuhai County, northern Xinjiang, 8,000 mu (536 hectares) sorghum matured and ushered in a bumper harvest, with an estimated yield of about 800 kilograms per mu (0.0667 hectares).
In the terraced fields of Wanzai County, Yichun, Jiangxi, the rice ushered in the harvest, and the farmers were busy harvesting.
In the grape-growing base of more than 1,000 mu (66.7 hectares) in Pinglu County, Yuncheng, Shanxi Province, grapes of diverse varieties hung on the branches, and farmers sorted out the grapes that had been plucked.
- Broadcasters Concerned That Electric Vehicles Don't Have AM Radios
- Deere Reports Higher Revenues, Net Income
- U.S. Farm Workers Being Paid More This Fall
- QR Codes on Milk Cartons Offer Window into Animal Care
- U.S. Feed Grain, Oilseed & Food Grain Land Since 1980
- North Carolina Turkeys Pardoned by President Biden
- Cranberry Growers Expected to See Bumper Crop in 2022