U.S. Soybean Production Sets New Records
USAgNet - 01/13/2022
Soybean production in 2021 totaled a record 4.44 billion bushels, up 5 percent from 2020. According to the latest USDA Crop Production Summary for the 2021 growing season, the average yield per acre was estimated at 51.4 bushels, up 0.4 bushel from
2020. Harvested area was up 5 percent from 2020 to 86.3 million acres.
Corn for grain production in 2021 was estimated at 15.1 billion bushels, up 7 percent from the 2020 estimate. The average yield in the United States was estimated at a record high 177.0 bushels per acre, 5.6 bushels above the 2020 yield of 171.4 bushels per acre. Area harvested for grain was estimated at 85.4 million acres, up 4 percent from the 2020 estimate.
Sorghum production in 2021 was estimated at 448 million bushels, up 20 percent from the 2020 total. Planted area for 2021 was estimated at 7.31 million acres, up 24 percent from the previous year.
- Ag Legislation Taking Effect in 2022 Around the Country
- China 2021 Meat Imports Fall 5.4 Percent
- ADM Enters Supply Chain Agreement in China
- Illinois Was Top 2021 Soybean State
- Commodity Classic Discounted Registration Fees End Jan. 21
- Ecuador is Latest Country to Apply for CPTPP
- U.S. Sausage, Other Products to be Exported to Nigeria