August Milk Production up 1.7 Percent
USAgNet - 09/22/2022
Milk production in the 24 major States during August totaled 18.2 billion pounds, up 1.7 percent from August 2021. July revised production, at 18.4 billion pounds, was up 0.6 percent from July 2021.
Production per cow in the 24 major States averaged 2,041 pounds for August, 37 pounds above August 2021.
The number of milk cows on farms in the 24 major States was 8.93 million head, 11,000 head less than August 2021, but 8,000 head more than July 2022.
- Smithfield to Pay $75 Million to Settle Price Fixing Suit
- Taliban Signs Deal for Russian Gas, Oil & Wheat
- Record Turkey Prices Expected as Thanksgiving Approaches
- Iowa Companies Sentenced in Ethanol Scheme
- Renewable Diesel Projected to Turbo Charge U.S. Biofuel Growth
- USDA to Invest $8 Million to Expand Monitoring of Soil Carbon
- Russian Farmers Might Plant Less Winter Grain Due to Rain