MGEX Announces Second-Best Volume Day in History
USAgNet - 09/14/2021
The Minneapolis Grain Exchange said Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021, was the second-best volume day in history with a total of 35,979 contracts.
This was the first time since June 2017 when total daily volume surpassed 30,000 contracts.
Having its best volume day, SPIKES® Futures traded 14,890 contracts yesterday. Alongside these achievements, it was also the second best electronic volume day in history with a total of 34,849 contracts traded.
At the close of market, open interest was 87,458 contracts, which is 49% higher compared to this time last year.
Total monthly volume for September currently sits at 127,746 contracts. To view more information on MGEX volume records, visit www.mgex.com.
- Drought Monitor: Remnants of Nicholas Bring Rainfall to Midwest
- CoBank: Future of Ag Retailing to be Driven by Precision
- Republicans Urge Biden to Keep Renewable Fuel Standard Promises
- Argentina Plans to Appeal U.S. Ruling on Biodiesel Duties
- Tomato Trade with Mexico Could Cost U.S. Growers
- Crystal Valley Co-op is Latest to be Hit with Ransomware
- U.S. Grain Exports Rise as Gulf Recover From Ida