Dry Conditions Improve in Some Areas, Worsen in Others
USAgNet - 08/05/2022
Heavy rain fell in some areas of the Desert Southwest and southern Colorado eastward into the Texas Panhandle, western Kansas, eastern Colorado, northern Oklahoma, and Arkansas this week, leading to localized improvements in ongoing drought.
But according to today's Drought Monitor report of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), dry conditions worsened in the New York city area, parts of New England, parts of the central Great Plains and upper Midwest.
Similar conditions in Texas led to expansion of drought conditions there, while recent precipitation led to some improvements in southwest Texas.
- U.S. Crop Production Estimates Released
- FDA Report Indicates Compliance with Pesticide Levels
- Midwest Farmland Values Rose During 2Q
- Federal Judge Issues Stay of Massachusetts Question 3
- Senate, House Approve Fiscal 2023 Budget Bill
- Now it's Weather Causing Delays Ukrainian Ports
- Rainfall Widespread Yet Localized Across Contiguous U.S.