Crop Report: Spring Crops Continue to Deteriorate
USAgNet - 06/28/2022
Spring crop quality continued to decline this past week, but with the exception of sorghum, remains better than last year.
According to the latest Crop Progress Report by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, 67% of corn and 65% of soybeans in 18 selected states were rated good or excellent, compared to 70% and 68%, respectively the previous week.
In 2021, the ratings were 64% good/excellent for corn and 60% for soybeans.
Spring wheat condition in six selected states also declined slightly while remaining at 59% good/excellent overall.
Sorghum quality in six selected states remained only about half as good as one year ago - 43% good/excellent versus 70%.
- U.S. Crop Production Estimates Released
- FDA Report Indicates Compliance with Pesticide Levels
- Midwest Farmland Values Rose During 2Q
- Federal Judge Issues Stay of Massachusetts Question 3
- Senate, House Approve Fiscal 2023 Budget Bill
- Now it's Weather Causing Delays Ukrainian Ports
- Rainfall Widespread Yet Localized Across Contiguous U.S.