National Pork Board Offers $46K for Top Innovators in Challenge
USAgNet - 06/23/2022
With foreign animal disease such as African swine fever closer than ever to the United States, the National Pork Board has launched its first-ever innovation challenge that deals with the potential need of mass carcass disposal.
The challenge is seeking new and innovative methods of pig mortality disposal that go beyond the existing methods of burial, incineration, composting and landfills and provide pig farmers with more options.
Those who successfully submit ideas through the challenge's four tiers receive increasing monetary awards, meaning top innovators could receive up to $46,000. NPB will accept entries through July.
For more information and rules, visit go.porkcheckoff.org/innovation
- Crop Report: Spring Crops Continue to Deteriorate
- Cost of July 4th Cookout 17% Higher Than Last Year
- Ukraine Grain Exports Doubling Every Month
- CA OSHA Rules Operators Must be Present on Autonomous Machines
- ASA Accepting Applications for Conservation Legacy Awards
- Special Investigator Bill Sent to Senate Floor for Vote
- UK Rules Out Suspected Case of Foot & Moth Disease