Michigan College Offering Cannabis Chemistry Scholarship
USAgNet - 04/07/2021
Lake Superior State University established the nation's first chemistry program focused on cannabis when it launched The Cannabis Center of Excellence in 2019 -- and now, the school is offering its first scholarship.
Steadfast Labs, a Michigan-based research facility with the goal of ensuring access to safe cannabis medicine, has established an annual $1,200 scholarship for cannabis chemistry students at LSSU, the school announced Monday.
To qualify, applicants must be sophomores or older and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Students who live in Wayne and Oakland Counties, areas that the company services, will also be given preference
The school offers degrees in cannabis chemistry, cannabis production, cannabis science and cannabis business, with the goal of "positioning cannabis studies as a national leader of academic inquiry. The program markets itself as the first in the U.S. to focus on the quantitative analysis of cannabis-related compounds and contaminants, including THC, CBD and terpenes.
- February Red Meat Exports Below Last Year
- Fertilizer Costs Share U.S. Corn Production Expenses
- Land Sales Booming at Farmers National Co.
- Entrepreneurs Sought for AFBF Farm and Rural Challenge
- ASA, Corteva Agriscience Announce 38th Young Leader Class
- U.S. Corn Exports Set New Record in 2020
- Brazilian Meat Processors Importing Corn