Michigan College Offering Cannabis Chemistry Scholarship
USAgNet - 04/07/2021
Lake Superior State University established the nation's first chemistry program focused on cannabis when it launched The Cannabis Center of Excellence in 2019 -- and now, the school is offering its first scholarship.
Steadfast Labs, a Michigan-based research facility with the goal of ensuring access to safe cannabis medicine, has established an annual $1,200 scholarship for cannabis chemistry students at LSSU, the school announced Monday.
To qualify, applicants must be sophomores or older and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Students who live in Wayne and Oakland Counties, areas that the company services, will also be given preference
The school offers degrees in cannabis chemistry, cannabis production, cannabis science and cannabis business, with the goal of "positioning cannabis studies as a national leader of academic inquiry. The program markets itself as the first in the U.S. to focus on the quantitative analysis of cannabis-related compounds and contaminants, including THC, CBD and terpenes.
- Drought Spreads in Key U.S. Crop States
- China Flags New Rules for Commodity Price Indexes
- India to Boost Ethanol Production as Fuel Rise
- NPPC Urges Congress to Address Port Bottlenecks
- Tractor Supply Co. Breaks Ground on Ohio Distribution Center
- NASS Reschedules Reports Due to New Juneteenth Holiday
- U.S. Drought Monitor: Relief From Dry Conditions Is Hit or Miss