John Deere Financial Sells Russian Operations
USAgNet - 03/17/2023
According to a March 8 report from Reuters, Russian-based private equity firm Insight Investment Group has acquired John Deere Financial's Russian operations, reports Farm Equipment magazine.
"Insight Investment Group confirmed the acquisition of John Deere Financial LLC, a subsidiary of the U.S. company, but declined to disclose the price. It said the deal had obtained approval from a Russian government commission on the control of foreign investment," the report said.
"Our goal is to build a leasing holding which will unite leasing companies with different areas of expertise," Insight Group told Reuters. "Following this strategy, we have acquired John Deere Financial and do not exclude making other deals in this market."
In a March 7 report from Lesprom, a representative from Insight Investment Group said they were required to rename the company as part of the purchase.
A Dec. 30, 2022, report from Reuters stated foreign investors from "unfriendly" countries could be looking at selling their Russian operations for half their value or less.
- Midwest Sees Colder Than Normal Temperatures
- Judge Rejects Challenge on Clean Renewable Energy
- Argentina Soy Crop Could be Smallest on Record
- Retail Food Concentration Rises, While Area Shrinks
- Commodity Classic Hold Record-Breaking Event
- Judge Halts 2023 WOTUS Rule in Two States
- Dollar Tree No Longer Able to Afford Eggs