Deere & Co. Reports Higher Quarterly Earnings
USAgNet - 02/22/2021
Deere & Company reported net income of $1.2 billion for the first quarter ended January 31, 2021, or $3.87 per share, compared with net income of $517 million, or $1.63 per share, for the quarter ended February 2, 2020.
Worldwide net sales and revenues increased 19 percent in the first quarter of 2021 to $9.112 billion. Equipment operations net sales were $8.051 billion for the quarter, compared with $6.530 billion in 2020.
"John Deere started 2021 on a strongly positive note," said John C. May, chairman and chief executive officer. "Our results were aided by outstanding performance across our business lineup and improving conditions in the farm and construction sectors. In addition, our smart industrial operating strategy is making a significant impact on the company's results while it also helps our customers be more profitable and sustainable."
Net income attributable to Deere & Company for fiscal 2021 is forecast to be in a range of $4.6 billion to $5.0 billion.
- Pilgrim's Pride Pleads Guilty to Price Fixing
- Senate Confirms Vilsack Appointment, Bernie Votes No
- Commodity Classic Launches Podcast on Farm Stress, Mental Health
- Still Time to Be Counted in Local Food Marketing Survey
- Goodyear Acquires Rival Tire Maker Cooper
- EPA Supports Court's RFA Decision
- Vilsack Confirmation Hearing Set for Tuesday