Second Best Volume Day in MGEX History
USAgNet - 10/26/2021
The Minneapolis Grain Exchange announced that Friday, October 22, was the second best volume day in history with a total of 36,900 contracts, merely missing the first place spot by 491 contracts.
Having its best volume day, SPIKES Futures contributed 22,872 contracts to the total. This is the 11th entry into the top-25 daily exchange volume record book for 2021.
In conjunction with these achievements, it was also the best electronic volume day in MGEX history with a total of 36,173 contracts traded. At the close of market, open interest was 96,311 contracts, which is 21% higher compared to this time last year.
Total monthly volume for October currently sits at 316,886 contracts.
- Ethanol Production Drops But Ending Stocks Keep Rising
- CoBank: High Fertilizer Costs Likely to Extend into Spring
- NCBA Fights for Definitive Labels on Lab-Grown Meat
- Humphrey is New NPPC CEO
- AgCareers.com to Hold Annual North American Ag & HR Roundtable
- Conditions Too Dry for Winter Wheat in the Plains
- Small-Scale, Local Producers Get Improved Insurance Coverage