Shareholders Approve AgCountry, FCS of North Dakota Merger
USAgNet - 11/24/2021
Shareholders of AgCountry Farm Credit Services and Farm Credit Services of North Dakota voted in favor of merging their institutions. That's after the respective boards of the two cooperatives agreed in September to move forward on a unification plan.
The combined association will operate under the AgCountry Farm Credit Services brand name and fall under the management of AgCountry CEO Marc Knisely, effective January 1, 2022.
"We want to first thank our shareholders for exercising their right in helping shape the future of our cooperative," said Ed Hegland, board chair of AgCountry Farm Credit Services. "From the beginning, both boards felt a merger would provide our member-owners with greater long-term benefits, and this vote further affirms that belief."
AgCountry is a member-owned, locally-governed lending institution that provides credit, financial and insurance services to farmers, ranchers and agribusinesses in eastern North Dakota, western Minnesota and central Wisconsin.
- Ethanol Production Drops But Ending Stocks Keep Rising
- CoBank: High Fertilizer Costs Likely to Extend into Spring
- NCBA Fights for Definitive Labels on Lab-Grown Meat
- Humphrey is New NPPC CEO
- AgCareers.com to Hold Annual North American Ag & HR Roundtable
- Conditions Too Dry for Winter Wheat in the Plains
- Small-Scale, Local Producers Get Improved Insurance Coverage