MGEX Reports the Second Best Month in History
USAgNet - 05/04/2021
The Minneapolis Grain Exchange reports that April 2021 closed as the second best month in Exchange history with a grand total of 322,207 contracts traded.
This past month wasthe best April in history, beating the previous record holder April 2018 by over 50,000 contracts.MGEX also reports that April's electronic volume was the second best in history with a total of 294,409 contracts.
Additionally, this past month was the best April for options volume with a total of 9,732 contracts.
This is the highest monthly options volume since August 2017. At the close of market, open interest was recorded at 86,899 contracts, which is 20% higher than this time last year.
- Drought Monitor: West Gets Relief; Dryness Grows in Midwest, High Plains
- Grains Council Reinforces U.S. Quality to Defend Markets in Southeast Asia
- U.S. Dairy Exports Hit All-Time Record in March
- Analysts Explains How Deere Stock Tripled in Past Year
- National FFA Awards $1.5 Million in Scholarships to 974 Students
- Record-Breaking Performance for U.S. Beef and Pork Exports in March
- CME Group Closes Most Open Outcry Trading Pits