RFA Thanks Senators for Defending Renewable Fuel Standard
USAgNet - 01/13/2021
The Renewable Fuels Association thanked a group of Democratic Senators today for calling on President-elect Joe Biden to restore the integrity of the Renewable Fuel Standard and quickly reverse the damages done to the RFS by the outgoing Trump administration. In a letter to Biden, the Senators laid out several steps that will "...support our nation's farmers and rural communities while acting to combat climate change."
"We thank these six Senators for strongly supporting the RFS. These lawmakers understand that when the RFS is properly implemented and enforced, it is an incredibly powerful tool for curbing greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation sector," said RFA President and CEO Geoff Cooper. "They also recognize that the outgoing Trump administration continues to pose a threat to the integrity of the RFS, and we stand with them to defend the program from midnight-hour manipulation."
Cooper also noted, "RFA looks forward to working with President-elect Biden and EPA Administrator-designee Michael Regan to ensure the RFS is implemented in a way that fully embraces the program's potential to drive decarbonization, and we agree with Biden that renewable fuels play a 'critical role...in our fight against climate change.'"
- D.C. Circuit Court Stays EPA Action Granting Refinery Waivers
- Dozens of Ethanol Plants Remain Idle in Early 2021
- Tyson Foods to Settle Price-Fixing Suit
- Chinese Corn, Wheat Imports Set Record Highs in 2020
- WGN Names Alexander to Take Over for Orion Samuelson
- January Marks One Year of the U.S. and China's Trade Agreement
- U.S. Bans Some Chinese Ag Imports