April Milk Production up 0.5 Percent
USAgNet - 05/22/2023
Milk production in the 24 major States during April totaled 18.4 billion pounds, up 0.5 percent from April 2022. March revised production, at 19.0 billion pounds, was up 0.7 percent from March 2022. The March revision represented an increase of 16 million
pounds or 0.1 percent from last month's preliminary production estimate.
Production per cow in the 24 major States averaged 2,055 pounds for April, 2 pounds above April 2022.
The number of milk cows on farms in the 24 major States was 8.94 million head, 36,000 head more than April 2022, but 15,000 head less than March 2023.
Other National & World Ag News Headlines
- Brazil Harvests Record Second Corn Crop
- Co-ops Have Options for Managing Insurance Costs
- Doud Named National Milk Producers President, CEO
- FFA Members Held to D.C. for WLC Conference
- NCGA Announces Travel Discounts for Members
- U.S. Ag Exports Forecast to be Lower During 2023
- USTR to Initiate Dispute Settlement with Mexico