Farm Groups Backing Programs Supporting Ag Exports
USAgNet - 03/15/2021
More than 100 agriculture groups have sent letters to the House and Senate Agriculture Appropriations Subcommittee chairs and ranking members urging full funding for USDA's Market Access Program and the Foreign Market Development Program, which
both support export markets for U.S. farm goods.
The letter stated that the twin challenges presented by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, as well as competitors’ export promotion programs, highlight the need for continued investment in these public-private partnerships.
Supporters say MAP/FMD funding is critical to help U.S. farmers, ranchers and food exporters keep pace and to help us make up for lost time after two and half years of trade conflict and retaliatory tariffs.
- Drought Spreads in Key U.S. Crop States
- China Flags New Rules for Commodity Price Indexes
- India to Boost Ethanol Production as Fuel Rise
- NPPC Urges Congress to Address Port Bottlenecks
- Tractor Supply Co. Breaks Ground on Ohio Distribution Center
- NASS Reschedules Reports Due to New Juneteenth Holiday
- U.S. Drought Monitor: Relief From Dry Conditions Is Hit or Miss