U.S. Cattle on Feed Totals Continue to Rise
USAgNet - 02/22/2021
Cattle and calves on feed for the slaughter market in the United States for feedlots with capacity of 1,000 or more head totaled 12.1 million head on February 1, 2021. The inventory was 1 percent above February 1, 2020. This is the second highest February 1
inventory since the series began in 1996.
Placements in feedlots during January totaled 2.02 million head, 3 percent above 2020. Net placements were 1.96 million head. During January, placements of cattle and calves weighing less than 600 pounds were 410,000 head, 600-699 pounds were 440,000 head, 700-799 pounds were 575,000 head, 800-899 pounds were 417,000 head, 900-999 pounds were 105,000 head, and 1,000 pounds and greater were 70,000 head.
Marketings of fed cattle during January totaled 1.82 million head, 6 percent below 2020.
Other disappearance totaled 56,000 head during January, 4 percent above 2020.
- Pilgrim's Pride Pleads Guilty to Price Fixing
- Senate Confirms Vilsack Appointment, Bernie Votes No
- Commodity Classic Launches Podcast on Farm Stress, Mental Health
- Still Time to Be Counted in Local Food Marketing Survey
- Goodyear Acquires Rival Tire Maker Cooper
- EPA Supports Court's RFA Decision
- Vilsack Confirmation Hearing Set for Tuesday