Palmyra Farm Awarded the McKown Master Breeder Award
USAgNet - 08/05/2022
World Dairy Expo will honor Palmyra Farm in Hagerstown, Maryland with its 2022 Robert “Whitey” McKown Master Breeder Award. This prestigious award honors exemplary breeders who have been successful at showing and judging dairy cattle. Winners embody qualities associated with the Klussendorf Award, including character, ability, endeavor, and sportsmanship.
This award will be formally presented to Shank and Creek during the International Ayrshire Show on Wednesday, October 5 at World Dairy Expo.
Excellent cows pair well with proven sires, which is why nearly 200 Palmyra cows have been listed on the Ayrshire Elite Cow Performance Index (CPI) list, including 42 in a single round. Additionally, 10 of their cows have ranked first. Palmyra Berkely P Ruth-ET (EX-94) is a former top CPI leader and a two-time Grand Champion at World Dairy Expo.
Palmyra Farm’s emphasis on breeding for production is evident, having over 150 cows with lifetime production totals of 100,000 pounds of milk or more, at least 40 with over 150,000 pounds of milk, and five others with over 200,000 pounds of milk. Palmyra is a progressive Ayrshire herd, being the first to utilize embryo transfer in the country. Further, they have showcased their genetics internationally by exporting embryos to 10 foreign countries.
- U.S. Crop Production Estimates Released
- FDA Report Indicates Compliance with Pesticide Levels
- Midwest Farmland Values Rose During 2Q
- Federal Judge Issues Stay of Massachusetts Question 3
- Senate, House Approve Fiscal 2023 Budget Bill
- Now it's Weather Causing Delays Ukrainian Ports
- Rainfall Widespread Yet Localized Across Contiguous U.S.